I can seeee youuu

I can seeee youuu

Thursday, August 11, 2011

Memories of Music and Me (MMM)

Today I've been rummaging in my closet which I personally call it 'Treasure Box' coz there's too many clothes I lost count of what's in there. So anyway, I was rummaging coz I wanted to modify my 'Treasure Box' I mean there's too many old clothing and I've got like tons of new ones, so just get the pic.


The shirt I wore to the Barbican Theatre, London.

Half way throwing my clothes out, folding and stuffing them back in, throwing them out again coz I changed my mind and all that stuff, I came across an old shirt buried at the bottom off my wardrobe. When I saw it I was like "ohhh! It's the exact same shirt I wore when I went to Barbican Theatre in London". All those memories came back seeping in like breathing in a cloud of smoke.

A lil flashback:-
Blue scarf at the back, yeah that's me :)

When I lived in UK, in 2003 I joined the music band in my school. The instrument my other school budz and I played was the steel pans, think it originates from somewhere in the southern Caribbean or something. I played about nearly a year when my former headmaster told us we were gonna play live at the Barbican Theatre in London, hell yeah I was freaking excited about it alright! Along the way I gained new experience and I tell ya it was a lot of fun, it was also my first time ever going somewhere totally far away, like 335km away from home without my parents. The rest of the story I'm kinda lazy to type, it's tooooooo long!

Cut things short, When I arrived there I was so excited that me and Kiran start running around (when I think of it again, damn.. That's embarrassing!) The event was a few hours away, so in the mean time we explored the whole theatre and ate sandwiches (yummy! was a mayo, egg and salad). Then we went inside the hall and off the event went. Owh yeah.. forgot to mention that there were 11 other schools joining this event so there were like lots of spectators.

We sat on our seats waiting for our turn to perform, first ones to perform were the ones playing violin, harp and ect. I remember that I used to not have stage fright, coz I went out there confidently with not one slight of fear whatsoever (weird!!! Coz the present me I have a stage fright as massive as a hot air balloon!) . Afterwards when the event was over we got gifts to bring back home.........

Huh! Sweet memories :) Felt like a star back then...

No comments:

Post a Comment